Global Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Football League

Welcome to the Global Football League! We are a Madden Online franchise league for the Play Station 3!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TO VIEW STATS, BLOGS, CONTACT INFORMATION, RECORDS, AND OTHER CONTENT, GO TO THE GFL SITE. (click here)
PLEASE SIGN UP WITH A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS CURRENTLY LINKED TO YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL, OR YOU WILL MISS OUT ON LEAGUE NEWS E-MAILS. I TRY TO SEND AT LEAST 3 A WEEK.

Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP Empty
PostSubject: Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP   Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:43 am

His numbers are proof enough, that Darelle Revis should be the Defensive MVP of the season. He is the ONLY corner in football that teams will completely ignore his side of the field. His Body of work this year is remarkable. He has allowed 1 TD in man to man coverage to Randy Moss on a 1 yard quick slant which is close to impossible to defend (The TD pass to Ted Ginn was zone coverage, where Kerry Rhodes was suppose to pick him up, and just like all season... He failed to do so). His number might not be outstanding aside from catches allowed, and the yardage he has given up, but that is because no one throws on the side of "Revis Island" as the media puts it. Sure, Woodson, and a few others may have a case to argue, but Not a single corner has faced the caliber of Wide Receivers week in, and week out that Revis has, and totally eliminated them from the game plan like Revis has. If the Jets didn't have Revis, they'd be in FARRRR more of a hole then they are now.

The kid is 24 and is already the best corner in football, and he isn't even in his prime yet. Just imagine if the Jets can get better play out of Lito Sheppard and Dwight Lowery, and Kerry Rhodes focuses on his job as a safety instead of being a faggot, the Jets secondary could be amazing as a UNIT. Props to Jim Leonhard who has shown value also at the Safety position.
Back to top Go down
https://globalfootball.forumotion.com
Lions11

PostSubject: Re: Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP   Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 am

Revis has been thrown at 72 times thus far(which is alot). Hes covered a lot of the best wrs, and teams have been testing him but he continues to prove that they shouldnt be. Him, or Charles Woodson, have been the 2 best corners this year.

My defensive mvp would be Trent Cole. He is just as good of a pass rusher as Freeney or Allen, but is by far best run stuffer as a 4-3 DE.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP   Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I already like you Lions.. lmfao... Woodson is an honorable mention, but I would go with Revis because EVERY WEEK I watch this kid go out, shut down top WRs, isnt afraid to make tackles, etc...

He is also VERY aware, last week against Buffalo he broke off of T.O to stop what would of been a 1st down completion to another Bills WR (Forgot who), and if he would of did it a SPLIT second sooner, it would of been a pick 6. He is literally ALL OVER the place.

By far my favorite player in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
https://globalfootball.forumotion.com
viteminj

PostSubject: Re: Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP   Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:44 pm

I have had the pleasure of watching Revis play in every game this season. He is like a magnet to WRs. In addition to shutting down whoever he covers, he has not commited a pass interference penalty all season! In fact, the Jets and Bills are the only 2 teams not to commit a pass interference penalty this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP   Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP Empty

Back to top Go down

Darelle Revis=Defensive MVP
Page 1 of 1