Global Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Football League

Welcome to the Global Football League! We are a Madden Online franchise league for the Play Station 3!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TO VIEW STATS, BLOGS, CONTACT INFORMATION, RECORDS, AND OTHER CONTENT, GO TO THE GFL SITE. (click here)
PLEASE SIGN UP WITH A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS CURRENTLY LINKED TO YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL, OR YOU WILL MISS OUT ON LEAGUE NEWS E-MAILS. I TRY TO SEND AT LEAST 3 A WEEK.

Week 2 GIANTS at COWBOYS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

Week 2 GIANTS at COWBOYS Empty
PostSubject: Week 2 GIANTS at COWBOYS   Week 2 GIANTS at COWBOYS EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Week 2. Qtr 1 2 3 4 FINAL

GIANTS 0 0 0 14 14
Milo5
at
COWBOYS 3 17 0 3 23
foxworths

....So as you can probably see from the stats,...the game was not as close as the score would tell you. Simply put, I was outplayed. Much respect to Foxworths first off, for even playing the game, I know he just got off a long work day, it was late,
and his wife wasnt too happy about him playing at that time (Im not just a member fo that club, Im the President!),..also much respect due Foxworths playing skill, his
defense is top notch, and his offense found new holes everytime i plugged the one he just exploited, then went back to the ones i left open, plugging up the last hole! lol.

I started doing a pretty good job of holding him, Barber couldnt really get going, but he managed to find guys open for short gains and dink-dunk his way down the field, finally my D managed to get a stop, and hold them to a FG. This happened his first 2 drives, while my O was 3 & out everytime.

With that being said, most games come down to getting a couple breaks here & there, "the ball bouncing your way"...He got 5 INTs, totally abnormal for me, and more-so with a Philip Rivers quality QB (Im used to Eli, whos not as good)

Those INTs were the breaks im talking about,..I swear I saw his DBs wearing capes and a big "S" on their chests! I mean , jumping 15 ft in the air, with your back to the ball, one handed snatches superman type picks! On more than 1 occasion!

He got 2 of these breaks in the 2nd Qtr, which kinda blew the game open, and with his D being as good as it was ( I dont think my RB (LT) even stepped out the locker room without getting smothered in 'Boys!) and the time factor, making it really hard, close to impossible to mount a comeback.

I didnt get any breaks, until the 4th Qtr...I got 2 lucky turnovers that I was able to run back for TDs and make the score "look" respectable...

Once again, I shake Foxworths hand, he played a better game than mine, and he
deserved the win. With a couple more bounces going my way, (earlier in the game) it wouldve been a closer game,..but the New York Football Giants walk away with their second L of the season, looking ahead to GT-R_maxx and the Bucs (who beat
Foxworths Cowboys in wk. 1)* as a tough road to win#1...

* just from a quick glance of their wk.1 stats, it seems like the Cowboys played a better game but lost due to T.Romo's 3 INTs...goes back to those "Breaks" Im talking about...

1st Downs 5 10
3rd Downs Att. 6 11
3rd Downs Eff. 0 5
4rd Downs Att. 2 1
4rd Downs Eff. 0 0
2 Point Conv. Atts. 0 0
2 Point Conv. 0 0
Kick Return Yds. 105 34
Punt Return Yds. 9 46
Penalty Count 1 1
Penalty Yards 5 5
Red Zone Atts. 0 2