Global Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Football League

Welcome to the Global Football League! We are a Madden Online franchise league for the Play Station 3!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TO VIEW STATS, BLOGS, CONTACT INFORMATION, RECORDS, AND OTHER CONTENT, GO TO THE GFL SITE. (click here)
PLEASE SIGN UP WITH A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS CURRENTLY LINKED TO YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL, OR YOU WILL MISS OUT ON LEAGUE NEWS E-MAILS. I TRY TO SEND AT LEAST 3 A WEEK.

Something to think about

Go down 
AuthorMessage
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

Something to think about Empty
PostSubject: Something to think about   Something to think about EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm

I was looking online at other franchises to see where we are at, and where everyone else is at, and upon doing so, I came across the following post on one forum, forget which, but here it is. I want you all to read it, and remember it,
Quote :

"I thought this post was interesting let us not treat each other this way in our DYNASTY/FRANCHISE games when we play eachother PLEASE READ WITH THOUGHT !

WRITTEN BY SCONN1

Why is it that most every online franchise falls apart by the trading deadline?

Why do most everyone who comes in a franchise after the start leave within 2 weeks?

The answers, my friends, aren't that obscure. In fact, they are the same reason that cause people who treat others like jerks in whatever fashion to end up alone.

No one comes online to "be someone's b i t c h." No one. Sportsmanship, especially when WINNING is key to any successful franchise. Especially if you are playing with people you don't know. That means treating your team like a real one. That means not doing gratuitous crap like "opening your offense up" like you are playing the computer. That means not breaking into the smart s h i t "widcat" just "cause ya can." That means not going into no huddle mode with less than 2 minutes and your opponent, down by 3 scores, out of time outs or any chance to come back. That means not calling time out with 2 seconds left to put up an extra field goal.

You wanna do that stuff in a regular pick up (ranked) game? Feel free. Most decent players won't do that, just like people who are actually tough don't behave like a bully in real life. But if ya wanna, it's just a pick up game with someone you'll probably never see or hear from again. knock yourself out...just keep it out of franchise.

Because, in a franchise, you will be dealing with the same people over and over again. So, don't be an a s s. If you are winning...win with style, grace and sportsmanship. Not by trying to "rub someone's nose in it." IF ya go the jerky route, ya might enjoy 5 minutes of an overinflated ego cause ya managed to win a game of madden football....But then, people will quit and go find somewhere else to play where the other players realize that there is an actual PERSON on the other end of that link.

And don't expect people to come in and take over an 0-5 team that the previous owner(s) have wrecked. Rebuilding isn't really feasible when your entire team has been harvested for all it's talent and now you have a team that can't even line up by position and has no one over the rank of 68 on it. and kids, a draft or 2 won't fix that team.

Have someone come in and take over a team that is now a de facto World Football League team and rub their nose in it a game or 2...and see what happens....they will be gone like the wind 95% of the time..and who could blame em? i wouldn't. There are a million franchises online begging for players, why would someone stick around with a bum team that is beyond just a normal bad team but a bad team as described above?

I like a challenge...but there is a limit to what is a realistic challenge. Some of these teams that are being "offered" for new ownership would be like trying to take a AA college team to the pros and expecting anything but your * to get knocked thoroughly and deeply into the dirt.

And show of hands...who goes online to be abused?

Whether the abuse comes in the form of a game where someone plays like a jack a s s or it comes in being recruited into a league only to find the "team" you got isn't really a team but 53 guys with no skill with 6 Fullbacks and 3 punters (or the like, you can draw your own bum team scenario)...

For one thing...CPU trading should ALWAYS be banned. There is no such thing as a "fair trade" with the CPU. That's why the player wants the deal, they want the advantage...i have yet to see a player doin a trade to "help the CPU out," lol...

Next, any trade made with any player who leaves the league within 2 weeks game or real time gets reversed. That way buddies just don't go out and "help each other out" by harvesting a team for the other guy in one league then doing the opposite in another.

Also, all trades should be commish or board approved. Do this especially if you don't have the energy to track transactions.

Then, encourage good sportsmanship in the league...Remind others that rubbing it in hurts EVERYONE in the league. Of course, some may insist on projecting their own insecurities into madden football, but we all know those guys will be doing nothing but holding their own c o c k in a very short time.

There are tons of franchises out there. And as anyone knows who has played in em so far. You have to actually plan to be available (make time) to play your games. Even if you are an avid player, odds are that you and your opponent run different schedules (and time zones become a factor). So, why would someone make an effort to make time for something that is absolutely no fun for them? Would you "make time" to go get your butt kicked, then insulted by someone twice your size? Of course not, life is too short for that... "
Back to top Go down
https://globalfootball.forumotion.com

Something to think about
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Global Football League :: General :: General disscussion-
Jump to: