Global Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Football League

Welcome to the Global Football League! We are a Madden Online franchise league for the Play Station 3!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TO VIEW STATS, BLOGS, CONTACT INFORMATION, RECORDS, AND OTHER CONTENT, GO TO THE GFL SITE. (click here)
PLEASE SIGN UP WITH A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS CURRENTLY LINKED TO YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL, OR YOU WILL MISS OUT ON LEAGUE NEWS E-MAILS. I TRY TO SEND AT LEAST 3 A WEEK.

Anyone who Doubted the Jets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

Anyone who Doubted the Jets Empty
PostSubject: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:01 pm

You fail.... The Jets had a GREAT day allowing ZERO offensive points from the Texans, While Sanchez had a Brilliant day minus the INT for 6 he threw but hes a rookie.. Expect those mistakes to happen. He showed GREAT poise in the pocket, and was on point on 3rd downs especially, throwing for 189 of his 273 yards and a TD. The Jets Defense forced 2 turnovers.
Back to top Go down
https://globalfootball.forumotion.com
KDog13

KDog13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:41 pm

i picked them to win in the pick em, and a fin fan but still has love for my new york teams
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Jets are gonna win the division and oddly, I think the Fins are gonna push the pats allll the way to the end ofthe year BUT thefinsnor the pats are gonna get into the playoffs
Back to top Go down
richierich85

richierich85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:47 am

Bills are automatically out lol...

its coming down to new england and jets..show down in week 2 already
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

YoUnGgUnN4z wrote:
Jets are gonna win the division

Wow, just a bit optimistic no?

They beat the TEXANS, relax, Yea Sanchez is good, yes they played well, and yes the defense looked good, Dont forget you have the Pats in your division, ...I would bet my HOUSE the Jets dont win the division,..matter of fact, I doubt theyll make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
richierich85

richierich85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Never doubt a system ran by rex ryan
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:09 pm

richierich85 wrote:
Never doubt a system ran by rex ryan

Exactly what credentials does mr. Ryan have that deserve such blind faith???

I dont see it, where on his resume does it say "Genius"?!?
Back to top Go down
richierich85

richierich85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:15 pm

You never saw the ravens play?
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:09 pm

I dont doubt the defense will be great,..

...Lets also keep in mind a the Ravens hav / had a much better roster (Defensively), not to mention Ray Lewis, one of the most dominating defensive players of our time,...and the Jets, well they have neither.

AND Ryan only took over DC duties in 2005 (6-10), 5 years AFTER ther Super Bowl win.

Also, You can jump on the bandwagon.., you can sing his praises, but you cant conveniently forget that within his career at Baltimore, they also had a few losing seaons, including one 5-11 (2007 )season that got everyone Fired.

Not necessarily a knock against Ryan , but just a moment of reality from all this Ryan-Love you Jet fans are high with right now.

Im a New Yorker (Giant Fan in case you were wondering), so Im fully aware of the HYPE.
With that said, I will say Im happy for the Jets that things are looking up, being a Giants fan I know what its like to feel like an under-achiever,...
and Im happy for Mark Sanchez, so far so good. Not only that, Fuck Favre!
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:38 pm

No not Fuck Favre.

Also, the Ravens Defense since they came into the league has been among top 5. Not to mention, you say the Jets dont have the Talant the Ravens do on Defense. I say your out of your mind.

This is from a totally objective and unbias standpoint when I say, Yes Rey Lewis (Who I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of.. If I had to name 2 people I absolutely think the league NEEDS its Favre on Offense, and Lewis on Defense) is one of the GREATEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS, not just Linebackers, of all time, but he is not what he use to be.

As far as the Comparison wise goes, the Jets have way more of an upside then the Ravens. The majority of the Ravens are either at the end of their prime, out side of a few like Suggs for one, or they are good because of the rest of the defense. But for you to sit here and say Bart Scott, David Harris, Vernon (Yes.. he appears to be a bust, but Trust me, this man has talent), The BEST corner in the AFC, or at least top 2 between him and Finnegan, Kerry Rhodes, who even Ed Reed says is a Pro Bowl caliber player, Dwight Lowery who is on a come up, and has a HELL of a lot of potential, despite some rookie mistakes last year, and Lito Shepperd who was, and at times still can be a Dominate cornerback in this league. I dont even have to tell you why Kris Jenkins is good.... So for you to sit here and say the Ravens Defense has more Talent then the Jets at this point and time, is clearly a blind, and more or less an ignorant statement.
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:59 pm

I dont know how unbiased or objective that was, i would say far from it.

I say Fuck Favre because of what he did to the Jets, Packers etc etc. I honestly thought you would agree. (please tell me why the league needs Favre!?!? the INT record isnt high enough??)

The point I was trying to make was not to compare the Jets defense to the Ravens defense necessarily, but to point out that the relative success that has led you all (Jets Fans) to mount Mr. Ryan up on the pedestal labeled "Messiah", was
A) first of all not completely his doing (as he was only the Defensive Line coach up til 2005, when he was promoted to DC)
B) Done with a better cast of players, than he has to work with , here with the Jets.

You can go on & on about the players who 'Are really good even though they havent played that way yet" , or "will be good one day I swear"...

But I think even you 2 obviously feverishly hardcore Jets fans would have to agree these point are true.

Im as much a Giants fan as you are a Jets fan I assure you, except im a lil more grounded in reailty,...
Lets not forget your other recent brushes with "Messiah-like" Head Coaches.
or QBs for that matter. Heck, I remember hearing comparisons of Pennington to Joe MONTANA for christs sake.

I mean, you make some REALLY BOLD OUTLANDISH claims....
...Best CB inthe AFC?! Wow.
...Will win the Division?? Dont bet on it, please dont.
Guys, relax, I know sucking, well, sucks. Your day will come someday. Even if its not this season.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Um.. I was never really a fan of Pennington, aside from his accuracy he is a College QB at best. Favre didnt do anything to the Packers, Name one person outside of Vernon Gholston that I named that has yet to prove themselves? Richierich by the way is a hardcore Giant fan (he's my cousin, I'd know), and further more, You feel it was unbias because I praised the Jets defense, and you feel im bandwagon riding.. but Is it really bandwagon riding if everything maybe not in its entirety, but the majority of it was true? I think that makes it factual. Rex ryan aside, the Jets defense is great. Also, just to prove Im unbias I can name a lot of players who are better at certain positions compared to the Jets players. Hell, Outside of Jenkins I can name a LOT of players better then the rest of the line, and I can name Linebackers better then Calvin Pace, and Corners better then Shepperd if you'd like. I can sit here and tell you All of their downsides as well if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
richierich85

richierich85

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:34 pm

milo..the INT record can always go up lol i remember the comparisons for pennington and montana...it was an absolute joke

nnamdi asomugha is the best CB in the AFC..if you just watch what he does in games its a no brainer

im also a giants fan milo..giants fan born giants fan i'll die
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:17 pm

lmao, Milo... Care to say Ryan's defense isn't as good as its proclaimed to be, seeing how they shut shut the Pats offense out holding them to 3 FGs, and wayyyyyy under 100 yards in the 2nd half?... You know... The brady Bunch... Bill Bellicheck....? I'm all ears What a Face
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh and FYI, you said "They beat the Texans, Relax"... That was an ignorant statement last week made by you Milo.. The Texans were the #3 offense in the entire league last year, and this week Their offense went off against a top 5 defense in Tennessee.. and now the Pats couldn't even score a TD... sounds like someone is a HATERRRRRRRRRR... Oh and also, I just noticed you questioned me saying Revis is the #1 corner in the AFC, and more then likely the ENTIRE LEAGUE... Lets see... Moss's name got called ONCE, or TWICE at most this week, and Andre Johnson had 4 catches for 35 yards last week... Revis is SHUTTING people down every year... You pretty much lose one half of the field when Revis is playing...

I want you to name me 3 CBs who are WITHOUT QUESTIOn better then Revis...
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 am

I gotta say MUCH MUCH respect the Jets today,...it wasnt a pretty game, not much offense to speak of,..but the defense definitely had Brady confused most of the game, and Revis played awesome...

Im still not crowning them AFC champs,..and they still might not win the division, and Mark Sanchez is still not the best QB, not even in NY...but they sure looked good today.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:46 am

Lol I dunno, Eli doesn't exactly look too great now a days... Ad the 2nd half the Jets had over 200 yards of offense, hell the first play in the 2ndhalf was a 45 yard pass to Cotchary. I realize Sanchez isn't the best qb in the game, but mark my words, from the show of things he will be in that category in the future. Also, the only competition in the AFC east is the Pats.. Bills are like the most streakiest team in the NFL, the. 2 years they start hot and it doesn't go further then 5 games. The Dolphins were a fluke.
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 am

I agree with almost everything you said, but I have to add one point you may not like,...
That was not the Pats were used to seeing, shit, week 1 Pats wasnt them either,...their defense is definitely not up to par, and their offense is absolutely struggling to get off the ground...

So, I'll definitely celebrate a great performance by the Jets D, but I'll say that I dont expect the Pats (or maybe specifically Brady) to look this rusty for long.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:22 am

Orrrr.... It could be the Patriots dynastyis over.. Trust me, Brady is not going to be the same again... Also their defense was ALWAYS overrated except for maybe 1 or 2 years in the Bellicheck era... It looks sub par, because it is sub par... They lost like 8 of their top defenders due to retiring, trade, or injury (Mayo is the only one injured). Nowwhen they play later this year (week 11 I believe) its AlWAYS a closegame in Gillette Stadium, opposed to when the Jets are playing the pats in the Meadowlands... Don't be shocked if the Jets end up sweeping the Pats.
Back to top Go down
Cmilo5

Cmilo5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 am

I know this is shocking to you guys,...All im saying is dont go betting your houses on the Jets for christs sakes!

you guys win 2 games, and one over the Pats and now the Pats suck, and the Jets are the champs! lol...

Take it easy!

Thats exactly why im saying their D looked sub par, they lost alot this season.
and Mr. Namath, oops I meant Sanchez, still only managed 1 TD.

Brady definitely doesnt look his usual self, understandably so, i mean he did miss a whole YEAR,...but Im sure hell return to form, hes got all the weapons, and argueably the best coach in the league,..so no reason not to.

I wouldnt be so quick to close the book on the Pats,..or to crown the Jets either.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Consider the book closed... Look Brady isn't going to get another ring... Not to mention, Historically, the losing team of the superbowl DOES NOT make it back to the playoffs, and they sowly decline... Well that is what we are seeing... They are now just another good team, until next year they are a decent team, then a sub par .500 team, then Brady gets benched, or traded like Bledsoe and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
bigbaadaboom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:53 pm

The jets are probably the worst team in the league right now
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Lmao your obviously retarded... The Lions are 0-2, so are the Bucs... Jets aere 2-0and have yet to allowan offensive TD... Try again
Back to top Go down
bigbaadaboom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:07 pm

I heard the NFL is considering replacing them with a CFL team-- They're just to awful, apparently everyone that plays them gets a call from the commissioner and is told to rig the game, and lose--- it's just so the New York can market survive, it's a mercy thing. Adam Sheffter just said that on NFL network like 2 mins ago.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin
YoUnGgUnN4z

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:51 pm

lmfao... Funny thing, I was watching Adam Sheffter and he was having a choke attack last week on the NFL network, they had to cut him off the screen...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone who Doubted the Jets   Anyone who Doubted the Jets Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone who Doubted the Jets
Page 1 of 1