Global Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Football League

Welcome to the Global Football League! We are a Madden Online franchise league for the Play Station 3!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TO VIEW STATS, BLOGS, CONTACT INFORMATION, RECORDS, AND OTHER CONTENT, GO TO THE GFL SITE. (click here)
PLEASE SIGN UP WITH A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS CURRENTLY LINKED TO YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL, OR YOU WILL MISS OUT ON LEAGUE NEWS E-MAILS. I TRY TO SEND AT LEAST 3 A WEEK.

Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Madness15

Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched Empty
PostSubject: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Devan Nieves was benched this week as the Broncos took on conference opponent Indianapolis Colts.

It was reported that Nieves who has been in top 3 in rushing virtually all year and also a strong candidate for rookie of the year had violated team rules and was benched for Jamaal Charles. Charles relished the opportunity going for 167 yards and a score on just 17 carries.

Nieves did see limited action at RB piling up 61 yards on 10 attempts but he really made an impact on kickoff return, returning kicks of 100 and 107 yards for TDs which helped the Broncos gallop past the Colts with a score of 37-16.

After all the press conferences were over it seems as if Nieves will see limited time at RB the rest of year. Coaches feel he has failed to show the maturity and leadership needed to be a starting RB for the Broncos. His potential may be limited (D potential) but he seems determined to make his presence felt on the field in someway or another.
Back to top Go down
Lions11

PostSubject: Re: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Bummer with the potential..

thanks for beating a division opponent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Madness15

PostSubject: Re: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:32 am

Yea, oh well. If I can get this kind of production out of a 68ovr RB you guys (the rest of the league) better hope I don't get my hands on a great RB

Do me a favor and beat the Browns in week 14 and I'll take it easy on you in week 17 lol!
Back to top Go down
psychomantis

psychomantis

PostSubject: Re: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Lol that is disturbing, Nieves is only 68 pct overall? And here I thought my Moreno running back of the year push was being spoiled by a 90s RB lol
Back to top Go down
B_tchUcookin

PostSubject: Re: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:36 pm

He has top end speed tho that makes a difference. Not hating at all. Impressive!
Back to top Go down
Madness15

PostSubject: Re: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 am

Yea, speed kills. Plain and simple. But its awesome when you can just tell the play makers vs your normal players. I've played with plenty of RBs that are top end speed and they just don't cut it.

Everyone i'm sure has that one player on their team that seems to make that for sure tackle or beats that last defender somehow to go 30+ yards for a score, Nieves is mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched   Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched Empty

Back to top Go down

Denver's rookie RB shines again despite being benched
Page 1 of 1