Global Football League

Welcome to the Global Football League! We are a Madden Online franchise league for the Play Station 3!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
TO VIEW STATS, BLOGS, CONTACT INFORMATION, RECORDS, AND OTHER CONTENT, GO TO THE GFL SITE. (click here)
PLEASE SIGN UP WITH A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM NAME IS CURRENTLY LINKED TO YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL, OR YOU WILL MISS OUT ON LEAGUE NEWS E-MAILS. I TRY TO SEND AT LEAST 3 A WEEK.

Share | 

Kdog Banned because....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin

PostSubject: Kdog Banned because....   Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 am

We were playing, and he was up 23-0 in the 3rd (1 early TD, and 1 pick 6, rest were FGs) there was around 5-6 mins left in the 3rd, and I was on the ONE using hurry up offense, and as they were lining up, the game froze, I msged him "???" then my PS3 went off... Turned it back on, he msged me and asked me if we should replay... obviously I said yes, because with basically 2 qtrs left 23 points isnt really hard to do, 3 TDs and 3 2pt conversions would be 24 points, and I was abusing him on Defense from the mid 2nd qtr on, so he wasnt really moving the ball anywhere. We spoke Via PSN msgs, and he had a pissy fit, because according to him the game was in the bag and I had NO SHOT at making any FORM of a comeback, even though when we got DCed I was on his 1 about to score... So while I told him not to finish, at least until we were done speaking, and came to a conclusion, I trusted the fact that he had stopped playing, and then 15 minutes later he writes to me "Well Ban me I dont care, gg man" and I checked, and he finished and ended up winning 30-0... So naturally, I did exactly what he asked for... I removed him from the franchise, and the forums.

His explanation for finishing the game was because I said that if I really wanted the game stopped, all I had to do was boot him...

Never once said I was GOING to do it.. said I could because he was giving me grief.... So folks... Do not fuck ANYONE in this franchise out of a game... It will come back to bite you in the ass...

While we all understand this is a game, it is a hobby, and meant for FUN, and im sure most if not ALL of us are competitive otherwise we wouldn't be playing in an online franchise competing to win the league's super bowl. So while this might be a game, we still play it for FAIR COMPETITION, and fun to pass time, and I will not tolerate anyone who cannot be trusted to simply PAUSE A GAME to discuss how a situation was going to be handled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://globalfootball.forumotion.com
CRAWDADDYDOLLARS

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Well there are two sides to every story in your words! lol he must havemessaged me as most players in this leauge do when someone gets booted. he basically said the same thing but didnt say anything about messaging back on PSn. Basically what most people have said watch out as soon as you start winning your booted. thats why i loose some games. lol jk but really just want to say two things if you were getting beat it would be perfect to get to the 1 and disconectt. now i dont disagree with leauge rules. most of my experience with disconect in leauges it happens right at the prees start screen or very quickly after kickoff. if not its just laggy all game and dosent disconect. As i played one yesterday in another leauge felt like you were running sideways so bad but we finished. In this leauge the only disconect ive had was ibps(seahawks guy first game not my connection 100 percent sure.And game was a bit laggy when we completed. Bowhurs was a bit shaky as well but never discoected.although i asked him if i could challenge him since i was home team. Wich we do in other leauges home team always challenges maaybe start that here. Although i dont know if that makes any diffrence on speed of connect ect. And when this game came out i had my internet re- done. So people if you do not know what Nat types are i suggest you read up and change your settings for optmal performance. I did play some co-op with bro montana and it did disconnectt twice so i will back him up and say there was no reason why He would dissconect un ranked co-op.(we played it because im lacking the throphy from me to you for Platinum on madden and cant frigin get it) anyway Nat type very imporatnat. Nat Type 1 people =full communiction out of ps3 to game and person.all ports open dmz enabeled. I will say if you are on a bad wi-fi it will only help a little. And if you play a guy In california and your in maine yea its gonna be a bit slow even if nat types ect match. Thanks people and good luck another note to change your nat type i can help a little but note that it is diffrent for every service provider and or modem router brand! sorry for spelling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:39 pm

See this is why I appreciate Craw's input. He isn't kissing my ass, nor is he afraid to state his opinion.

So allow me to address the topics he brought up that no one else has the ball to do:

About the Winning and getting booted gig: Bowzhur handed my ass to me last year, and he won this year (We tried to play 5 or 6 times we got DCed all of them, but it wasn't when he was winning, We got DCed when I was winning also),Hell, he WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR, and He can tell you, I was pulling for him because I told him prior to him starting the game because I want to see the AFC win the big game EVERY year.. so Why is Bowzhur still here? Notice I've NEVER had a problem with him... EVER... Also, Canes is very good from what I hear despite his recent loss to craw, I hear he is an INT machine, Madness is also good... Why are they ALL still here? especially the guys in the AFC? I play Kdog ONCE every 4 years, so why the hell would I boot him out of fear I'd never win a game again? lmao.. Craw is a good player also, notice he is still here.. I might of asked him to change some of the things he does to avoid problems, just like I do other players, but notice he is still here, and me and him get along quite well.

Also, I have only ever removed 2 people aside from Kdog: Hashugz Who actually voluntarily left because I told him not to run the score up, he then proceeded to have a pissy fit and released the ENTIRE oakland Roster, signed low overalls, and left.

So for anyone to sit here, and say I am unfair, or I push my weight around is clearly a fool. I do nothing but help everyone out, I listen to everyone's complaints, I deal with issues every day in the league, im always answering AIM/E-mail/PSN with answers to questions, and problems, etc...

This post was much appreciated Craw.

bowzhur

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:14 am

Yeah, I know Bromontana wouldn't do it on purpose, EA fucks games up

I'm a NAT Type 2, nat 1 when its connected directly to my modem don't have problems at all, madden will sometimes d/c you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psychomantis

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 am

Hey man I think you run a pretty straight forward ship. Anyone who says otherwise has issues with following rules. You are always are willing to help when it's needed. I know we've disagreed in the past on things, but I respect you.

This thing with Kdog sounds strange. But I trust you did the right thing. While I agree with craw that there are two sides to every story, I trust you because of my past conversations and dealings with you.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elgin2311

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:29 pm

I think restarting creates a loop hole cuz you might have someone who disconnects on purpose and expect to restart. I'm not an any way accusing anyone I just think out of mutual respect if the game is close like a 7pt game you restart it but you have to take into account the trend of the game if someone is dominating a game through 3qtrs and is up by 3 or more scores I'm not asking for a restart just out of respect for how the game went leading up to the disconnect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elgin2311

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:37 pm

I know this is off topic but I'm about to take a loss on simulation to the bengals cuz dude is rarely on his team is 0 - 9 and I'm in the middle of a divsion race there are a few users who rarely get on this sucks because it affects my stats and record without even getting a chance,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coward1984

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Ur telling me, i took a loss to broncos last week when i sent million msgs, friend request and chat room requests and left ps3 on.. Took a loss in simulation and lost my #1 and #2 Rb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psychomantis

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Had the same thing happen to me coward, except I lost my starting QB for 10 weeks... I know it's off topic, but I feel like you should have to play your games in a timely fashion each week. If you can't do it, leave, or Young should kick you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burley27

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm not going to take sides on this one. The commish can rule with a heavy hand, but it's his league and he has the right to do so. The one thing I will say is that KDog was a great member and to my knowledge this was his first issue with anyone.

I had an issue last season with one owner but that was based on him not liking my style of play (I knew I was going to lose and he was going for it on fourth up 21 points etc, so I ran the ball and played a possession game) I explained that situation to the commish and he was fair, he listened to both sides and made a judgment that seemed to satisfy both parties.

I also had a pretty major disagreement with the commish about draft day. We both spoke frankly and aired our opinions and well, I'm still here, even though we clearly disagreed with each other. That has to say something...

The problem arises from the commish arbitrating his own disagreements. For this I suggest we impose a impartial deputy commish (so your cousin, even though he might be impartial, wouldn't work)... If this ever happens in the future the deputy commish has the power to rule on the case. That way no one thinks anyone is overstepping their authority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YoUnGgUnN4z
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:47 pm

sounds fair. and also, he wasnt dominating ANYONE at all to whoever said that above (Dont feel like scrolling). in fact, he only scored 1 offensive TD the rest was FGs and 1 VERY lucky pick 6. I had stopped him like 4 times and he had 0 points off of those drives, he couldnt get a pass off, either Cushing or Lawson was on his ass hitting him making his balls go like... 2 yards. I dont care about the loss, I know im still gonna be in the playoffs, I care about the ACTION itself. He flat out begged me to let him finish because he said There was NO WAY he would be able to play like that again, and he ABSOLUTELY needed the win to stay in a division race, and told me I was gonna win my division even if I lost,and that his division is harder (Which it isn't) and that I was gonna win the rest of my schedule out. So I am more concerned with the child like action on his part then the loss or anything. I offered him a spot back in with a penalty (either his 1 and 3, OR 1/4 picks taken, OR his 1, and a 1 game suspension) and he is sitting here trying to negotiate his penalty.. He told me I should bench Palmer (mind you he has Tavaris Jackson behind him who is DECENT enough to win games) and like 3 other players because HE THOUGHT ITS FAIR.... I have never heard of a criminal deciding his own sentence, or Players picking their own Fines/Suspensions or trying to negotiate them. He tells me "Im not coming back under those conditions, when I need those picks to draft O line and a new QB". But either way he isn't using them because either he IS coming back and getting them taken, or he isn't coming back, and the picks are STILL of no use to him, nor is his team... So whatever, he wanted to be stubborn...

Madness15

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Sorry about your loss(es) Coward. It was unfortunate but if there was any way I could've played the game i would've done it.

I'll spare everyone the details but for Thanksgiving week I was either on the road or stuck somewhere with old fashioned/broke family (who i love dearly) that don't have internet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psychomantis

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Haha sorry I couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elgin2311

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm not saying he was dominating as far as offense vs defense but the score is the score no matter how you get there. And ya the begging is pathetic.but what happens if you two play again and you blow him out.he might feel he should have won too,so its really a issue that's has no underline answer it all depends on the player if your a weak player you might not feel like you could have came back but for a good player whose confident the games not over til its over ....and I do think player who aren't available to play in a timely manner should be booted its not fair to lose games and player to sim games ...weed out the players who are not commited
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kdog Banned because....   

Back to top Go down

Kdog Banned because....
Page 1 of 1